Saturday, October 17, 2009

Spring Fever!

Finally Spring is here - sunshine and warm days - just wonderful!

I stitched this quilt top yesterday from a jelly roll - aptly named Spring Fever! I intend donating it to our local patchwork group as second prize for an exhibition they are holding in January. Hope they like it!
My new roses are coming along nicely - every time I see yellow roses now I think of Miriam of Yellow Roses - I was fortunate to meet Miriam briefly on my last trip to Melbourne for the show! This one is called Friesia and the fragrance is absolutely delightful!
Angel Face - now isn't she so pretty - lightly perfumed, too!

For our guild Christmas Party next month it has been suggested we wear aprons. Some Girlfriends! are going to make and wear this little pinny! For me probably tights or black cropped pants and a black tee under this apron and I'll choose a lovely, modern fabric - for after use, I'll be the best-dressed gardener , in town and okay to pop to the local shop, too, LOL!
Happy weekend everyone - I have a sewing date today and we are going to test Texture Magic - should be lots of fun!

30 Lovely People said ...:

Unknown said...

love that jelly roll quilt, and those roses, WOW, and to think we are getting snow tomorrow and temps not out of the 30's.

Kylie said...

Your roses are just beautiful. And the quilt looks lovely. WHat a beautiful prize it will make. :o)

Unknown said...

Love the quilt! So pretty and bright. But oh those flowers make me long for spring. We just had our first snow!

Gari in AL said...

Your roses are beautiful and I love your quilt. But it seems so funny that you are experiencing Spring just when I am considering starting a fire in the fireplace. Even wore my new jacket today.

Betsy said...

great colors on the donation quilt and I love your roses

Rebecca said...

I made a quilt for my little neice using Spring Fling I just love the colours. The roses look like they would smell wonderful and carn't wait to see the apron I may have to look for that patttern as well.
Hugs Bec

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

What a lovely quilt! a wonderful prize. Love your roses too Especially the colour and form of Angel Face.

Barb said...

Love your quilt
Love the roses

Miriam said...

Ohhh thank you, Lurline!!!!

My Friesia hasn't flowered yet, but I agree with you, it does have a glorious fragrance!
You stitched that top in one day!!! I am sure your local patchwork group will love your generous donation.
That is a great looking apron pattern. Can't wait to see what you make.
Have fun sewing today!

PatchworkRose said...

Just adore those roses. Great Photos. Gorgeous spring quilt. Simple but effective pinny. You will certainly look the part.
Have Fun and a great weekend :-)
Cheers
Lynne

Janet said...

Have fun with the TM, I'll look forward to seeing your results. I know and love the fressia rose so much and the pink one is glorious too. Lovely job on the quilt top.

Lori Holt said...

Wonderful Spring quilt...of course whoever wins it will be thrilled!
I have an Angel Face rose bush growing in my garden too...yours are just waking up and mine are going to sleep!
Happy Spring,
Lori

Dena said...

I love your roses, especially the lavender one, Angel Face. I'd love to grow roses in my yard, but we have too much shade from all the trees. Nice job on your quilt.

Deb said...

Beautiful roses you have. I'm sure your group will be thrilled with your donation. What a generous thing to do.

My name is Riet said...

You have beautiful roses there Lurline and I love your donation. Funny , you get into spring and we are going into fall very fast now. Have a nice day

Chookyblue...... said...

I had one of those angel face roses and I loved it but lost it..........must try and get another.........

Abby and Stephanie said...

I think that will be a very popular second prize. Everyone may want it instead of whatever FIRST prize is. When we lived in CA my husband grew the most gorgeous roses. We had dozens of bushes. His favorite is Peace. I absolutely adore the beauty and perfection of Mr. Lincoln. My grandmother also had an amazing rose garden. I can smell your roses from here.

Nedra said...

I am sure your donation will be much appreciated. And your roses are beautiful!

Annie said...

I'm liking that apron - you WILL look smart! Beautiful roses and quilt too.

Nat Palaskas said...

Lovely quilt for Spring. I'm sure they will be happy to receive it. Have a nice weekend Lurline - Hugs Natima

Myra said...

A lovely quick flimsy Lurline! 8-)

Gorgeous roses!!!

That looks like an awesome apron to make! I shall watch for that!

Happy stitchings! 8-)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh your quilt is so sunny and bright, what a wonderful prize. Roses are my favorite, but I cannot grow them we live with A LOT of trtees and they need a lot of sun. I will have to just enjoy yours!!

quiltingnana said...

spring is my favorite time of year!!! your roses are beautiful....now mine are going into dormancy

Beth Karese said...

I like the apron pattern. I hope you show the finished version! Pretty quilt, like candy.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

OH MY--those roses are just plain beautiful--I love roses--I just don;t have any luck in growing them!!! And what a pretty "spring" quilt you have made--seems so odd to read about and see things for spring--when here it is fall!!!! Love the apron--please show us a picture of the finished one---thanks---hugs, Di

Anonymous said...

Hi Lurline, Beautiful quilt colors and oh how I love your roses. The apron pattern reminds me of one my grandma used to wear when I was little. I love that style and am happy to see that pattern. Hope you are enjoying your pretty weather!

Micki said...

The roses are so pretty! I love the pattern too!
Micki

Mel said...

LOVE that quilt pattern - thinking of doing something similar with some jelly rolls I have.

Kristie said...

Lovely Spring fabrics in that quilt! Your roses are beautiful!
Kristie

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh it was so cold here today. And we had snow up in the foothills and mountains. Brr. Your spring sounds too good to me! Your spring quilt is darling. I love the color.