Thursday, May 15, 2008

Spinning Stars Finished - Whoopee!

Thank goodness - 30 blocks finished! That really did seem quite a chore towards the end - I guess I am just pushing for time now that QuiltWest Exhibition is so close. It really is a lovely block and should add a lot of movement to the quilt.

I have rewarded myself with a lovely lunch - Oven Semi-Dried Tomatoes with Garlic Pea Puree. See jo-da-chef's blog listed on the left hand side - the recipe for the tomatoes is his and they are divine -really worth a try.

Here is the recipe for the green puree - it is a great one, too.
GARLIC AND PEA PUREE
1-2 tbsp roasted garlic (cut a bulb into halves and roast with olive oil )
2 tbsp oil from roasted garlic or olive oil (I do it gently in the microwave with a little oil)
2 cups fresh or frozen peas
20 fresh mint leaves
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
salt and ground pepper
Plunge peas in boiling water for 2 minutes, refresh in cold water. Drain. (I cook in the microwave for a few minutes until just cooked). Puree with all other ingredients. Season to taste.

Must away and do some shopping, then finish my binding on a quilt to go into QuiltWest - Eleventh Hour stuff. Bye!
'

5 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

Hi beautiful, love your blocks they look great. I am using a double pink and orange next.
Launch sure looks good too, will have to drop in sometime.
Have a great time with the show, I hope all goes well.

Love
Christine

Quilter Kathy said...

You are very creative! I enjoyed seeing your step 4 blocks and your yummy looking lunch!

Candace said...

Your blocks are beautiful, and they just look that much nicer with that wonderful lunch. I could really dig in to those sandwiches. Makes me want to go to Bahama Breeze and have some of their Cuban Bread. The recipe is on their site,
http://www.bahamabreeze.com/recipes/appetizers/roasted_cuban_bread.asp
and it looks a lot like yours.

Candace said...

Sorry, it chopped off my URL if anyone is interested:
http://tinyurl.com/f9kx6

SueR said...

I like your colors so much, Lurline, the look is so different from mine. Lunch looks really good too!