Monday, January 19, 2009

It's a New Week!

A cross-stitch for Mary Grace to see! Isn't it a bit sad, at the time when I stitched a lot of cross-stitch pieces, it wasn't fashionable to put a date on it - my goodness, this could have been done early Nineties, I think! It is a bit of a shame as it would have been so easy to write on the backing to the frame - never mind!

As you can see, Mum and Dad were married 1940 - dear Dad we lost in 83 and Mum now lives with me at the grand old age of 90! This I made for her!

Yesterday's effort - no it's not a pillowcase, as DD, Angela, thought! It is a table runner! Not sure how I will quilt it - either machine or large-stitch hand-quilt with Perle thread!
I still have quite a few shabby chic scraps, so thought it would be a change from the modern, bright mood I am in at the moment!
It's a new week, so chores to be done!
♥ ... Hugs ... ♥

20 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

Both keepsakes are lovely Lurline. Yes, my chores will start anew in about 12 hours. The painting is done, so now the cleanup!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Lovely cross stitch! Thanks so much for showing it. I do love seeing what other people make.

Thanks also for linking to my website. I think your link is having a problem though... http://www.hookedonneedles.com is my URL.

Love the fabrics in your table runner too...so feminine and pretty.

MGM

Unknown said...

I love both, especially the table runner. How beautiful.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely cross stitch Lurline a lot of work in that one...and your Mum 90, wow...and as for your table runner that is just so pretty.

Myra said...

A lovely stitchery Lurline!! Wonderful!
Like your table topper too... 8-)
Great retail therapy was had I see! lol! Good for you!
Happy stitchings!

Joy said...

Lurline that's so pretty, I love prairie points :o). What a gorgeous cross-stitch!!! I used to cross-stitch many years ago too, would you believe I still have some UFOs LOL ... I must post some piccies on my blog sometime, but only of the finished pieces ;o)!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Christine said...

Your tablerunner is very sweet ... I love praire points. I used to do lots of cross-stitch too. Yours is very nice.
Christine

Julia said...

Beautiful cross-stitch Lurline..
Pretty Table Topper,I love praire points, I did them on a Christmas runner..
Julia ♥

Julie said...

Thats so pretty and I love the prairie points.

Chookyblue...... said...

love the table runnner and what a special cross stitch you made for your mum and dad........

Nima said...

wow...both of them looks pretty.

Shari said...

What a beautiful table runner...

Jossie said...

I love the cross stitching you did. It is fun to dig out those oldies. They always look different in a way.

Cornfield Quilter said...

I love the cross stitch! I used to do that many years ago, before I started quilting, and have some wonderful pieces I still display. The little table runner is so cute, love the colors! I was wondering, on your big stitch quilting, how large would you say your stitches are, 1/4" or so? I have a few quilts that I wouldn't mind doing with a big stitch but was wondering what is the norm?

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh gosh this is beautiful Lurline! I love it.

Jeanne said...

The tablerunner for your mom is lovely. The colors are so soft and pretty. I love to cross stitch even though quilting takes up much of my time. It's nice while watching TV in the evening to have xs or stitchery to work on.

Stina Blomgren said...

Love it!! :o)

Margaret said...

I knew it was a table runner or tray mat. It is very nice especially for your mother . Well done faithfull daughter.

Quiltplay said...

Beautiful! I do love the table runner - and i knew it was a table runner and not a pillowcase!

Shar said...

You are so talented the cross stitch and table runner are very lovely. Beautiful keepsakes!

ps- Can't wait for another one of your tutorials hint hint.....LOL

Shar :)