Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hexagon Medallion and Perth's Wheel!

Just a quick Post before I do one on the Tutorial for the Dilly-Bag! Firstly, back on to hexagons - click on my sidebar to read about The Great Hexagon Quilt-Along - I am so chuffed because I qualify continuing on with this centrepiece of mine! In my mind's eye I have great ideas for it and won't that be great if I can finish something that has been lurking around for nearly 12 years! All that time I have spent doing 1/2" hexagons won't be wasted!

Also, the blog is rather lovely and we are sharing ideas, so that is what is so nice about it!

This is Perth's new observation wheel! It graces Perth's foreshore, has 36 capsules that can carry 284 passengers - it costs $15 for a 15 minute journey. I believe it is privately funded and there is a lot of controversy about its worth! I guess most cities all over the world have some landmarks/tourist attractions. Melbourne has the Southern Star observation wheel - after all, it is 2009 and we do live in a rather frivolous society, so perhaps, why not have a wheel!

Hope you are having a nice weekend - Hugs♥

10 Lovely People said ...:

Willow Grove - Kez said...

WOW Lurline. You have been busy. Your hexagon are looking great. Wont hold you up. Looking forward to you tutorial

Anonymous said...

Very interesting to see the wheel. Hope you are having a good day.

lynn said...

it's a pity it's not a hexagon shaped wheel would have looked nicer i think hugs lynnie

Myra said...

Hey Lurline!
What do you mean by "I am so chuffed"? Just curious... 8-)
Your hexagon centerpiece is, and will be lovely however you decide to use it. 8-)
That is one big wheel!!! Wow!!! I don't know that my stomach would like that for 15 minutes! Wow!
Happy stitchings!

Kristie said...

Your hexagons are beautiful! Maybe someday I will get the nerve to try them.

That wheel looks huge!!!
Kristie

Julia said...

I love those tiny hexagons..so good to see you will be able to use them and they won't get put back in the cupboard..
Not sure that I will be going on the wheel, but it's nice to see it on the Perth foreshore..
Catch up later.
Hugs Julia ♥

Lisa said...

I love your hexagons ... it is so pretty! I may have to look in to doing something like that someday soon!

Anonymous said...

Well it's not quite as big as the Melbourne wheel but it is a great feature to add to the many Perth attractions. Seems there is always controversy about different projects we reckon if you have and idea, and as long as it doesn't physically hurt anyone, just do it!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is beautiful!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Bear Zonn

Louann said...

Wow, 12 years. Well it certainly is beautiful.