Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Good Read and More Happy Houses!

Seeing I'm PSing, thought I might add progress on Happy Houses - watch this spot - now I'm teasing you - I won't keep it a secret much longer!

PS - Oh, this is a late addition - I'm sure Terri of Purple and Paisley won't mind! I just have a feeling some of you may not have flicked over to visit Terri and missed this wonderful pic! Click on the purple and you will go straight there to read the lovely story behind 'The Kiss'!

Purple and Paisley has done a Post for me on some very touching, moving American history! Thank you, Terri and as I have said to her, it would soften the toughest heart - please pop over and have a read!
This is a picture of a great Australian moment - The Dancing Man, originally caught on film during street celebrations in Sydney 15 August 1945, the end of World War 2! How gorgeous and you can see by his face and body language he is just so happy!
This is a little sneak peek of what I am up to - cute, eh! Back to the sewing machine!

♥ ... Happy Weekend ... Hugs ... ♥

16 Lovely People said ...:

Kris said...

I just love the photo of that man dancing down the street. It just seems so quintessentially Australian to me. He looks like my relatives do in photos from the same era. The photo is so familiar to me, it's almost as if I know him!

Shari said...

Probably Australia's most famous image to the rest of the world.

Love the little cottages - dancing too.

Hugs
Shari

Anonymous said...

adorable blocks!
can't wait to see what you make with them
Kathie

Chookyblue...... said...

love the houses........FG has 2 more made today.....will make one more tomorrow........

Betsy said...

your cottages are darling!

Purple and Paisley said...

i am thrilled you loved the story of the end of the war from my american side of history...and thank you for sharing the pic from your australian side of history! the dancing man is fabulous! ♥

Stina Blomgren said...

Love your lovely houses...what is it with houses that facinate us all so much??? :o)

Mel said...

Charming houses!! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Your little houses are adorable. I love the colors you have chosen

Margaret said...

Do you remember where you were and what you were doing at the end of the Pacific war ? My mother took us into Melbourne by train to Flinders Street Station and I sood on the ledge of the ticketing window to see everyone parading down Swanston Street.Your houses look like welcome home houses.

Julia said...

I just love the photo of that man dancing down the street..so happy and joyful that war was over...I was only two then!
Love the little houses..and the new header
Julia ♥

Chookyblue...... said...

wow love the header...........

Helen in the UK said...

Very pretty houses ... look forward to seeing them come together :)

Unknown said...

I love your houses. You should be receiving your prizes from the giveaway that you won on my blog any day.
Teresa

Anonymous said...

I do love your little houses Lurline. So very sweet.
Thanks for your kind comments and prayers for Nalley and me. Your friendship is a tremendous blessing.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lurline great job on your wonky houses..