Sunday, March 22, 2009

Beautiful Birthday Flowers!

My goodness - I don't think I can stand another day of this - I'll have to give up quilting if things don't settle down! Must say I had a wonderful day/evening with Danielle and family yesterday and look at the glorious flowers - for those of you who haven't seen those big roundish ones at the bottom - they are Proteas - I thought they were native to Australia, but they aren't, so maybe a lot of you have seen them. I am so thrilled with this variety as they will last a long time and the weather is lovely and cool, too - just perfect! Byron slept over and is in here watching tele with me - I feel like the luckiest Nanny in the world!

One of my Ikea purchases - really nice soup bowls for winter, just the perfect shape and size! I think I have been very creative - I'm going to make some fun, wacky bags, so I bought two doona covers in cotton - they have wacky little characters on them so will be perfect and Danielle will use the pillowcases to make cubby-house curtains! They are hidden away at her place as DH keeps reminding me we are in a recession? I need to stock up just in case! Will show you when I have smuggled them in!
I have tried to get my email replies up to date - maybe I have doubled up in some cases - tonight I will draw the lucky people, I will make contact tomorrow, all being well. Thank you all who participated and good luck wishes to you!
Hugs♥
PS - Whoohoo! I have beaten Blogger and found way to insert a line space to break up paragraphs, see the little heart - any symbol would work! It's a shame I don't put more of that brain strain to practical purposes, isnt it?

13 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers Lurline. I also love the bowls you purchased. Perfect for soups or stews or porridge for the cooler weather ahead for you.

Joy said...

Oh what gorgeous flowers, so bright and cheery :o). Sounds like you had loads of fun at Ikea too ;o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Narelle said...

I'm looking forward to soup weather (just not too freezing cold please, lol).

Love the little heart idea, it's so frustrating when your paragraphs all bunch up, I thought it was something I keep doing wrong.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Such lovely flowers! And nice bowls too! We are just coming out of our cold weather and enjoying some milder spring-like temps lately. Our warm weather is on the way soon so we will be using our bowls for yummy things like ice cream and other scrumptious cold stuff!

MGM

Unknown said...

Beautiful Flowers there Lurline..sounds like your having a Lovely Weekend...Thanks for your Replies...
cheers

West Michigan Quilter said...

What beautiful flowers. And Ikea too! You are a lucky woman. Thanks for the info about how to insert a line in blogger. That has driven me nuts and I could never figure out what to do. Thanks.

Betsy said...

Lurline those flowers are spectacular.
I have never seen the ones you mentioned.
When you get a break give us a tutorial on how to add those characters to blogger to break the paragraphs.
I will be going to IKEA next month in search of a better cutting table.

Julia said...

Enjoy your birthday Lurline...let it stretch out, it only comes around once a year..maybe just as well!!
Hugs Julia ♥

Pennie said...

Lovely flowers Lurline, we have Proteas in our garden, there are many different sorts, we grow the one you have in the photo and another couple of different ones.
Your Birthday celebrations made me smile :-)

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Beautiful flowers. I had a post on how I beat blogger too. I type the would "space" between lines as I am typing along. I then go back and quickly change the color of the word "space" to white, which is the background of my page...so it disappears! This sound long, but it's very quick when you get going. I like your heart better! Another blogger I know uses ~ this squiggle.
~Karen~

Rumi said...

Lovely flowers! Many years ago I worked at a florist's shop in LA for a few months and did see proteas and other exotic flowers. My favorite part about working there was that once the flowers were too old to sell but still looked great, I got to take them home to enjoy.

Nanette Merrill said...

Lovely flowers. I love white dishes. There is somethign co classic about them.

Melody said...

I agree!! Those are really so beautiful flowers for birthday!! Love them!!