Saturday, March 28, 2009

What a Way to Spend a Weekend!

This is all for necessities sake! I'm off on a heavenly retreat early Tuesday morning and must have my house in order before I go. I'm much better than I used to be as a 'neat freak'! Often it gets out of hand the other way, now - I'll blame Quilting and Blogger!

Above - some of my gorgeous Birthday Fat Quarters from Peg, Kris, Dale, Anita, Kate and one from Shari, too - oh, thank you so much Girls! Maree has organized the Swap, thanks, Maree - I am really enjoying it and hope to continue next year - what do you think, Girls? - or do you have other plans, Maree?

Now, to Happy Houses - they are coming in nice and early! These cuties are from Cathy of Highland Quilter - thanks so much, Cathy. I have others, too - this was just the first lot I stumbled across whilst tidying up!

And here's my tidy office corner where I sit and chat so much - naughty Blogger lives here, too, as you can see! This is where the weekend's tidy-up started - papers all organized and in plastic sheet protectors - Giveaways organized - bills paid! Oh, just too good - off to the shop to get some dinner now and buy a folder for my Blogland tutorials and other trivia - some icecream for the Littlies, who will be here soon - then hopefully off to do some tidying in the sewing room!
I hope you are managing to get more sewing done than what I have - at least I have attended to a few necessities!
Happy Weekend - hugs♥

19 Lovely People said ...:

Shari said...

You've had a busy morning! By just telling us what you do you are giving us tips to help us organise ourselves!

Hope you and the Girlfriends have fun at the Retreat! Looks like you'll have great weather for it!

Shari said...

PS

♥ ♥ ♥

I figured this out but can't quite figure out how to change the colour in the comment box.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

A retreat Lurline, how much fun are you going to have....lovely selection of fabrics for your birthday swap....Cathy's houses are wonderful, have a fantastic time at your retreat...

Lindi said...

What a lovely bunch of new stashies. Makes me want to just dive in and spread them out and fondle them!

Have a great retreat!

Unknown said...

Lovely to see all those Fat 1/4's arriving...they all look Gorgeous...Yes I will be running it again next year and I bet we get some extra's after people seeing all these Beauties ...have a lovely time at the Retreat...how long is it for....Have Fun..!!! Great Job on the cleanup by the way...
cheers

Julie said...

some pretty fatties there lurline...lucky girl!
julie :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

I really looking forward to the end result of your darling house swap. Can't wait to see them all put together into a project.

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun! Have a wonderful time Lurline.

Betsy said...

lovely gifts Lurline. Have a wonderful time at retreat.

Rumi said...

Have a great time at the retreat. Love the house blocks!

Nat Palaskas said...

Your office is too tidy and neat Lurline. Love all your fabrics stash. Enjoy your retreat next week. Will miss you - Natima

Sweet P said...

Have a fun retreat! Your office corner is looking good! Enjoy your birthday fat quarters.

*karendianne. said...

The houses, the fabrics and then the organization and cleanliness - you're ready for that retreat for sure. Someday when I grow up I want to be like you! :)

Micki said...

The fat quarters are lovely, and you are a busy lady indeed.
Micki

Janet said...

I hope your retreat is a lot of productive fun, I'm envious! With evrything tidy and in order at home too. Love the fat quarters, you have some really nice fabrics there.

Gari in AL said...

A retreat, how lovely. Take me with you, I could use a little retreat. Oh, well......

Unknown said...

Ooh, all that gorgeous fabric to play with!!! I hope you have a fantastic time at the retreat! :)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh a retreat, Have a wonderful time! and look at all your goodies, such kind friends.

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

I just found your blog...I LOVE the houses! Too cute, Hugs, Mary