Saturday, March 7, 2009

For Those Who Haven't Seen!

Hope not to bore my long term Followers - just a quick Post, to show the applique quilt of mine I am STILL fine hand-quilting - many of the newer Followers haven't seen it!

Hope you are all having a happy weekend - I've been out in the garden - glorious weather and now off to have the puppies clipped!

Hugs♥

24 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful quilt Lurline.
Sounds like your weather is perfect for gardening right now.
We had Harriet clipped today and they gave her a St. Patrick's Day bandana!!!

Pat said...

Oh my goodness, it's beautiful.

Julia said...

I love this quilt Lurline!
Will you get it finished in time to put it in the show!
Hugs Julia ♥

Betsy said...

Lurline it is divine, divine , divine.
Did I say it was divine?
Did you hand applique all this?

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a beautiful quilt. I wish I could hand quilt. That really takes talent! Just beautiful.
Happy Quilting - Caroll

Janet said...

I must be one of the new followers - I hadn't seen this quilt before and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your blocks - was this a pattern or did you design them yourself? It will be just wonderful handquilted. I have a 4 block applique top waiting to be handquilted - I just need to find time to baste it.

Diah Rothman said...

Lurline,
That quilt is..... oh beyond words. I am not just a new follower but a fanatic fan of yours.

Jeanette said...

Very beautiful Lurline. i love it. Such lovely fabrics you've chosen.

May Britt said...

It is a wonderful quilt. And I love the colours in it. Handquilting takes a lot of time but it is so relaxing doing it.

RG said...

How could anyone be bored looking at that??!!
It's beautiful Lurline!! Beautiful!

PS thanks for your encouragement :D
hugs!

antique quilter said...

omgosh it is just so beautiful
I would never get bored looking at this..
ok, so tell us where is the pattern from or did you draft this yourself????
just beautiful
I love 4 block quilts

Candace said...

I don't think that you could post too many pictures of this beautiful quilt. It's so breathtaking. I love your Blueberry Crush, too. I think I'd have to make another comfort quilt and keep it for a cuddle quilt. Either way the lucky recipient of the comfort quilt will receive a very 'special' quilt, I don't think that you could make any other kind.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Gorgeous! Some quilts are just worth repeating.

Micki said...

You really are so talented with you handwork! It is going to be such a lovely, special quilt.
Micki

Kristie said...

So beautiful! You are so talented!
Kristie

Kaaren said...

So incredibly beautiful. Applique in general catches my eye but this takes my breath away! Thanks for sharing.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Lurline,
This quilt is just spectacular. It really should be on the cover of a magazine. You should submit it somewhere. Fabulous!
~Karen~

Jeanne said...

Your quilt is so gorgeous! I could see it over and over and still not be bored. I love the colors, border and pattern.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Lurline,
Your quilt is beautiful. You are such a talented quilter. The colors are stunning.
Thank you for posting the picture.

andsewon said...

Beautiful work and fabrics. What size it it?
Hand quilting does take time.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Stunning!!!!!

Kris said...

I am having a wonderful weekend Lurline! Thanks for showing that gorgeous quilt!

Lucy said...

It's so beautiful.. I know handqulting can be a very long term progress

~Bren~ said...

I am so glad you showed it again since I am new here. It is absolutely beautiful. Can I ask a silly question?? What is "fine" hand quilting exactly? Oh, I hope I am not sounding ignorant! I hand quilt everything (except the occasional table runner) but have never heard the term "fine hand quilting".