Sunday, March 29, 2009

Saskia's Homecoming!

Isn't she beautiful, isn't she lovely! - I'll have you all singing again! This is Saskia -what a delightful ragdoll baby - oh, she is going to be loved soooo much!

Also thought it was about time you saw me with my nowadays hairdo - a la naturale - wish I could say the colour came out of a bottle - prematurely white, of course!

Oh, the little girl is a bit timid in strange surroundings and so much fuss - what a surprise for the family - even Daddy didn't know - strange the things you can buy at Bunnings! That was the little white lie we told the family when we snuck off to collect her - Bunnings is a chain of hardware stores here in Australia - does sell almost anything, but not ragdoll kittens! By the way - Daddy is a real proud father, Danielle was worried he would hit the roof!

While I was at Danielle's thought I'd show you something quilty - a runner made by me, and on it sits a treasure trove of stones collected from all over the world while Danielle was on her travels!

Here's big brother - what a gorgeous creature! He was over visiting, but we put him outside when we brought Saskia in - can't put her in any danger and this guy wasn't too sure about her!
Well, that's it - enough of the good times - now it's into tidying the sewing room and getting more washing up to date - oh, what we Girls have to do to get away for a few days - only two more sleeps!
Hugs♥

27 Lovely People said ...:

Deb said...

Lurline, she is absolutely adorable. I lolve the photo of the two of you, you are looking fabulous.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice to see you Lurline........sorry not really into cats........but I am pleased you had a nice day.........wonderful if Bunnings sell fabric kits........lol

Lindi said...

Yep, I'm singing along! She's adorable. So soft and cuddly.
Like the new photo. You look great! If my hair was that lovely colour, I wouldn't bother dying it.

lynn said...

awhh she is beautiful just like her new mum and ragdolls make wonderful companions.love the new do love lynnie

antique quilter said...

she is adorable!!!!
LOVE your hair!
consider your self lucky to have that color and not have to worry about dying it.
Kathie

Nat Palaskas said...

Lurline she is sooo0 cute. I am a cat person too, but no cat at present. I like your hair too it goes with Saskia's fure - Natima

Kris said...

Lurline I loooooove your hair! You look excellent! I have gray hair, but can't wait till it's white. The inbetween is hard to deal with! (I do have some white bits) Last year my girls talked me into leaving mine natural. They think it's funky and tell me I couldn't get a dye job like it! (Great, so my hair is unique. In other words weird! Thanks girls!!!) I kind of think that it's what I'm meant to look like so I'm being true to myself. The hairdresser found my first grey hair at 15. It's not like I didn't know!

Cathi said...

She's adorable!!!! Love your hair -- but perhpas I'm prejudiced as mine started going white when I was in my 30s. By the time I hit 45 it was all pretty well white. I tell people it's ice blonde. LOL

Mistea said...

That's two cute girls in the picture. Good Bunnings shopping! Beautiful - Lucky family.

Joy said...

I LOVE your hair, you're so lucky - that's a gorgeous piccy!! I wish my hair would go that colour, I'm salt and pepper grey under my "natural blonde no.3" he he he.
I think I've fallen in love with your kitty too .... oh what a sweetheart!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Janet said...

I'm allergic to cats, especially like those with all that fabulous fur. She is very cute and your hair looks lovely.

zetor said...

Your kittie is gorgeous! You hair too, I have just gone au naturalle lately, after years of dying.

Anonymous said...

Lurline, You look so beautiful and what a pretty kitten. I also love the tablerunner you quilted and Danielle's rock collection. Wishing you a nice day. Hugs,

Willow Grove - Kez said...

She is so cute. I would like a ragdoll kitten but it might not happen on a dairy farm. It would get to dirty. Maybe one day,

Abby and Stephanie said...

Precious Saskia! And the tablerunner is so pretty with the bowl of stones. Perfect match.

*karendianne. said...

Welcome hom Saskia. So sweet. Seal mitted or seal point?

Della said...

Oh what a beautiful kitten. I watched an educational tv show just yesterday about Ragdolls. Now I want one, or two. LOL I love your hair, wish mine was that color.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I love your hair, mine is not white enough all over to let it go, so I keep buying the bottle. I love you new little one. She's adorable!
I also love the tablerunner with the stones from all over the world. what a fun idea and they look wonderful! The retreat is getting closer!!

Myra said...

Your hair looks great Lurline! I love the color! 8-)
Cute little kitten... 8-)
Two more sleeps! Woohoo!
Happy stitchings!

Rumi said...

Love your hair! Mine is naturally streaked with mother nature's highlights. :0) More pepper than salt but getting "saltier" every year.
Your runner is lovely and is a perfect accent under the rock collection.

Laila L S said...

Saskia is so cute. I love cats and would sure love to have a ragdoll. They are so beautiful. But I already have two, brother and sister and think that`s enough.
Your hair looks great. Hope mine will be like that when time comes. Now I`m hiding my salt and pepper colour with something from a bootle. Actually did the job again today - no way I pay someone a lot of money when I can do it myself.

Micki said...

I love your ragdolls...they are wonderful! I have to agree that your hair is lovely!
Micki

Julia said...

She is so cute....and I'm sure the little ones will love her to bits...
Great photo..
Hugs julia ♥

Kaaren said...

Oooooh...a ragdoll fur baby! I want one too.

I too have let my hair grow out and I feel liberated! It looks wonderful Lurline.

Bernadette said...

what a beautiful kitten Lurline! Your hair looks fabulous too a lovely shade.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

I just love that little kitty...so cute. Love your hair too. I still color mine every 4 weeks. I keep thinking how much fabric I could be buying with the money I pay the hairdresser!
~Karen~

~ Phyllis ~ said...

What an adorable little kitty.