Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thank You, Bonnie!

Wow, these pics aren't looking too good today - don't know why? - they looked really nice in the previews! Here we have current Issue 130 of Down Under Quilts, featuring my Liquorice Allsorts, Bonnie's 'Carolina Crossroads'! It is featured in an article on Mystery Quilts. I feel very honoured and humble being published - thank you all at Creative Living Media! Oh, guess what my Easter Swap partner will be receiving with her other 'goodies'!

Now, I am Posting about this old mag that I have promised to send to Kathie of Inspired by Antique Quilts - quite some time ago - oh, it's embarrassing! Promises, promises - I have another pattern that I have ordered for her and when that arrives, the parcel will be sent to Kathie - I thought if I make a public commitment, I will be really disgraced if I don't honour it.
As you all know, Kathie is besotted with antique reproduction fabrics (creating the most wonderful repro quilts!) and probably has a stash that would make mine look like nothing and I have quite a lot - however, I know she really loves red and green - this one is Nancy Kirk Civil War II 1855-1870, possibly 6 or 7 years old and a really wonderful green! Enjoy, Kathie - Kathie is one of my oldest Blogland Friends, know what I mean?

Have had a busy week in the garden - just glorious with the cooler mornings and delightful sea breezes - I have been so motivated about gardening, it has taken priority over everything else! See my glorious kalamata olive tree - absolutely laden with fruit - hope it all ripens and I get a chance to pickle/brine/preserve some!

Thoughts of you all in south-east Queensland as cyclone Hamish hovers around - we must stay positive!
No sewing this weekend - never mind - hugs♥

26 Lovely People said ...:

Janet said...

Congratulations on being published, fantastic version of the quilt too. Love the green of course but what's in the mag? Olive tree is looking very healthy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lurline

Well done on the magazine, looking great will have to buy when I return.
weather still cold and grey, but not enough to complain.

cheers
Christine

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lurline! What a thrill to be published.
The olive tree is beautiful.
Enjoy the garden!

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Congrats on having a quilt published. You must be so thrilled.
Its nice to have the cooler weather. You feel like doing something. You olive tree is just a beautiful feature. I love it.

Bernadette said...

Well done Lurline! Don't you just love that fabric, my LQS still has it too. Is that magazine and old or a new one?

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

So happy for you, Lurline. The quilt is beautiful. I still think you should submit the applique quilt from the previous post too. Your work is amazing.
~Karen~

Nat Palaskas said...

Lurline, thanks for sharing. I wouldn't have known if you didn't shared. I will go looking for the magazine and see your quilt in person - Natima

Abby and Stephanie said...

Congrats on Licorice Allsorts being published. I LOVE that green fabric...my favorite color. We had a wonderful taste of spring yesterday and lots of little green things popping their heads from the ground. I can't wait for all the glorious color.

Betsy said...

Lurline congratulations on your fame! You deserve it. Your quilt is outstanding.
I too have been blogging with Kathie forawhile when I realized just the other morning that she designs quilts for magazines.
Isaw one in a mag and emailed her immediatly.
I am going to have to make one of her designs.
I just simply love trees and plants that give us food.

antique quilter said...

omgosh how fun I am going to have to look out for this issue!
oh thank you this fabric will be a wonderful addition to my fabric collection !!!!
its ok life gets in the way sometimes!!! I knew you would send it to me someday!
thanks so much Lurline...
Kathie

*karendianne. said...

Lurline, your Carolina Crossroads is absolutely amazing. I thought I'd seen one of my most favorites but not until NOW. Your use of color is heavenly. Congratulations and thank you for sharing. I so enjoy the garden. I hope you'll be able to enjoy the gift from your tree soon. *karendianne.

Myra said...

How wonderful Lurline!! Love the quilt/colors! I will have to watch for that issue!!! We do have them here... 8-)
Love your applique from the previous post! Very nice!
Happy stitchings!

Micki said...

Congrats on being published! What an honour!Your quilt is lovely!
Micki

Pat said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Congratulations! What a thrill and an honor to be published.
Caroll

Julia said...

Congratulations Lurline!
Woke this morning to see your post...
The quilt looks lovely, really does look yummy, just like Liquorice Allsorts.
Is the mag out already...I'll check the shops!..
Hugs Julia ♥

Unknown said...

Congratulations Lurline on being Published...you must be Tickled Pink.!!! will definetly be getting a copy Now.!!
cheers

Jeanne said...

How exciting to have your quilt in the current magazine! Congratulations. It is beautiful.

Shari said...

Great to see Liquorice Allsorts in print! It's such a gorgeous quilt. Congratulations!!!
Hugs

Kristie said...

How exciting! Your quilt is beautiful!
Kristie

Jan said...

Congratulations Lurline another published achievement. I mix with some very talented and famous girlfriends. Must get that magazine to take with me.

Lucy said...

Congratulations on being published. Is't it the top of the cake to be published :-)

Darlene said...

You're published! WooHoo! Your quilt is incredible and the whole world gets to see it now!

RG said...

Congrats to you dear lady!! Wooohoo!!
I love your licorice allsorts...so delicious!!
Mmm, better get me one of those quick :p
hugs to you
Robyn xx

Mel said...

Yeah! I'm very happy for you to be published and VERY happy for me to know you!!

Congratulations Lurline, you really do beautiful work!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are so creative! I loved your Blueberry Crush and now your Liquorice mystery is fabulous...love it!