Friday, March 6, 2009

Blueberry Crush!

Blueberry Crush, quilted and bound - a lap quilt, my version of Bonnie's Mystery Quilt Orange Crush! It was going to be a Comfort Quilt - now I am not so sure - maybe I have to have it as a cuddle quilt for the kids in the lounge room! Maybe I have to get extra busy and make another Comfort Quilt - though there is still one waiting to be quilted - hopefully I will be able to have a busy weekend at the machine and then make up my mind!

The novelty prints in the front are gifts from Dayna, of Scottie Acres Boutique - isn't she just gorgeous? - all because I was having a little cry about not being able to get pretty novelties over here! In the background, vintage cherry fabric I bought from The Twiddletails Store - I just love it!

Yesterday I went to our local patchwork group, Rockingham Quilters - Karen made this gorgeous whirlygig quilt in Thirties fabrics . It is going to be a Comfort Quilt for the Bushfire Relief - I think it is just so fresh and lovely!

Peggy has laid out this really cute Santa runner - all ready to be blanket stitched! Mmmm, nice idea for a Christmas gift, I am thinking!
Have a lovely weekend everyone - hugs♥

25 Lovely People said ...:

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Blueberry crush is divine. A great cuddle quilt. The kids will love it. The whirlgig quilt is beautiful I would love to have a go at making one of those (one day when I catch up on all my other things on the list). Happy stitching this weekend

Kez

Pat said...

I think that it should be a cuddly quilt too.

Cathi said...

Blueberry crush is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all your pictures Lurline. The Blueberry Crush is just so pretty!

Canarella said...

Lurline love the patchwork and all for a good cause I hope people are slowly getting back to some sort of normalicy...it must be hard ..the whole country is in my prayers daily...god bless...Lani

Unknown said...

Blueberry crush is wonderful and I love your new fabric .
clares craftroom

Kristie said...

I just love your Blueberry Crush! That would be very hard to give away!
Kristie

Browndirtcottage said...

Great post....love the blueberry crush....I'm
also hhhhmmmming about that santa runner too...very cute!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh Lurline...that Blueberry Crush is to die for...absolutely gorgeous...Dzintra

Betsy said...

oh Lurline blueberry crush sounds like such a wonderful name for a quilt. It turned out lovely.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Stunning quilt Lurline...nice fabric and the Christmas table runner that is just so cute....

Abby and Stephanie said...

Everyone is being so generous with the giving of quilts. It's very heartwarming.

em's scrapbag said...

Blueberry Crush is lovely. And the Santa runner has stolen my heart. Very, very cute.

Myra said...

Love your Blueberry Crush there Lurline! Good for you for finishing! Woohoo! Feels good hey!?! I have to get to finishing some of my bigger projects too...
Wonderful novelty prints you've got there. Curious as to what you will do with them now... 8-)
Great Santa runner there...
Happy stitchings!

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on your finish - looks great. Also love the novelties, the Scottie dogs are too cute :)

Micki said...

Blueberry crush is gorgeous! I do love the colours!
Have fun with sewing it!
Micki

2ne said...

Cute Santa runner, a good idea. Have a great weekend

Wendy said...

The whirlygig quilt is wonderful in the 30's fabrics and how nice to give away for a comfort quilt.

Jeanne said...

Love your Blueberry Crush! Congrats on the great finish. Cute Santa runner and whirlygig, too.

Janet said...

Great finish. Love the whirlygig quilt and the cherry fabric. The santa runner is cute as well.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh the Blueberry Crush is really pretty...It is very vibrant!!!!! Looks great on your couch too..thanks for commenting on my blog. I hope this goes thru as I have tried before and the profile thingie just doesn't want to accept me...lol Char at Tobycat Creations...

Laila L S said...

Your Blueberry Crush is great, I totally understand you are thinking of keeping it. Karens whirlygig is great too. But what I really fell in love with (love at first sight, hihi) is the Santa runner. Is it her own design or something that can be bought? I would love to have the pattern and make one or two...

Anonymous said...

I love your blueberry crush a lot! I can understand your mixed feelings about giving away or not! Don't know what you should do. Maybe just keep it and sewing another one to keep your conscious at bay??

*karendianne. said...

Bluberry Crush - Wow! Love the Santa's, too. So cute. What a great visit to Lurline's Place it's been this morning. *karendianne.

Darlene said...

Blueberry Crush is wonderful - I love it! The whirligig quilt is so sweet and gotta love those Santas!